Monday 17 January 2011

Question 2

Question 2.) How Effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts digipak and advertisement?

These are some screen grabs of our main product to show evidence of clear correlation between my Ancillary texts which is my digipak. Graffiti is a crucial visual link which is used through out the pop video and also established via the fonts on my digipak. On my digipak I have also used a background of a grunge brick wall to give a dark dramatic impact on the product and emphasize the graffiti font.


On my digipak I wrote "Dont Hold Back" as if someone wrote it by hand which mirrors the video product which also includes our graffiti artist writing "Dont Hold Back" on the free wall which is based at Waterloo, Lambeth borough.


The colour of the graffiti font on my digipack (which is red and white), relates to the t-shirt I was wearing while DJ'ing in the pop video, which was also the same colour which once again shows evidence of correlation










Even though this is a classic CD Cover, it inspired me with its graffiti fonts in front of a brick wall and made me realize that it also relates to my pop video which also includes graffiti. However I have decided not to use an image of my self as the artist since I was only in the pop video for about 15 seconds. I wanted to create the impact of the digipak and relate to the pop video just by the use of font and background which at the end I thought was very effective.  Run Dmc is a similar genre to my pop video which includes an abundance of dancing shots similarly to our final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment